Welcome to this week’s Friday Favorites! Where I discuss things from the week that I love or have inspired me in some way. This has been a good week for me other than several members of my family being sick which is always tough. It seems like they have grown old overnight and I am having a very hard time with it all. In my mind, they are still young, strong, and full of life. My heart is not ready to go through this and I know they aren’t either. Just have to say prayers and have faith that God will give you many more years with them.
On a positive note, every single item I needed to finish our master has arrived and we are DONE! The curtains have been pressed, pictures hung, bedding washed and we’re there baby! I am freaking out a bit because I am so very happy and cannot wait until Tuesday!
The room took much longer than we anticipated and honestly has been our hardest yet. Only because every single thing that could have gone wrong DID! It was literally like one hit after the other first the bed not working, then the delivery driver left packages at the wrong house, the final nail in my master bedroom coffin happened after I spent two weeks on a DIY project only for it to end up failing miserably. I wanted to throw my hands in the air and say to hell with it all several times but I hung in there and we can finally enjoy the space.
This week’s list has some very unique pieces at wonderful price points and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
1. Spotted Lacquer Tray: This spotted tray is absolutely adorable! If you read our post on how to style a nightstand you know trays are huge when it comes to decorating. They can make any grouping look pulled together and intentional. You can never have too many and this one comes in at a very affordable price. The spots are also trending big time!
2. Juju Hat: From the moment I first spotted the feathery goodness that is a juju hat I was completely smitten! Then I saw the price and was crushed because I knew I would never be able to justify paying over $500.00 for one. Then I was cruising Etsy the other day and came across this one and couldn’t believe my eyes! The price is amazing you guys especially considering the amount of work involved in making one hat. They come in a wide array of colors but I have always loved the off-white color because it will blend well with any space in my opinion and the store has so many wonderful reviews! If we happen to end up with one I would place it over our bed or possibly over the sofa.
3. Olin Rug: This rug is so fun and I have always wanted one, I picture this in a playroom, entryway or even the kitchen. The stripes won’t go out of style anytime soon and it’s a fun option for any space. You could even layer it over another rug for an added dimension.
4. Navy Geometric Print: This print has been on my list of things to buy for some time now. I love the way it looks as part of a gallery wall and really it would look amazing all by itself. The pop of pink is darling and I could stare at it all day long. It comes in two different options, framed and print only. Definitely a show stopper in my book!
5. Trent Basket: Since spring is finally here there are lots of plant purchases going on. Saturday I went to home depot for a board and ended up leaving with four plants! Most were for our front flower beds but the olive tree was for the house, you see I had been looking for something to cover the outlet right beside our DIY X-Leg Desk and have always wanted to try my hand at growing an olive tree indoors. So I took the plunge when I saw rows and rows of them lined up ready for me to take one home. I love placing my plants in baskets instead of planters, I just love that extra layer of texture it gives the space and this little guy would be perfect!
Hope you all enjoy the list and have an amazing weekend! Don’t forget to stop back by Tuesday for our Master Bedroom Reveal! (for real this time)