Happy Friday sweet friends and welcome to this weeks Friday Favorites! Where I discuss things from the week that I love or have inspired me in some way!
Over the past week, we have been going fifty different directions so I cannot wait for Saturday. If you follow regularly you know that a few weeks ago I listed our living room set for sale. Since we purchased the set I have wanted to replace it just because no matter what we do there is no way to make solid brown furniture look bright and airy.
So Wednesday I received a call from someone who wants to purchase the set and will be coming over the weekend to pick it up. The moment I agreed to it I should have been elated. I mean I am finally getting what I have wanted for so long but instead, I instantly felt all sorts of anxiety. My stomach was turning and I started to sweat, for a moment I wondered if I should just say nevermind but after a couple of minutes I realized that I was so nervous because we had such a difficult time finding a sofa that had deep cushions the first time around and ended up buying the only 26″ set they had in the store even though we didn’t love the color.
The buyer will be here before we know it and we still haven’t decided what were going to do, I have been thinking about just a sofa, ottoman and placing two tufted recliners where the loveseat would go. Currently, we have a sofa, loveseat, chair and a half, and two ottomans! Which is entirely too much furniture for three people. Yes, we will be adding our son to the mix but we really don’t need all that seating.
Over the past few days I have been working on some design plans and have it narrowed down to two different looks but most of all I just hope the deep cushion search will work out because nine times out of ten once I get to the store to look at it there is always something that ends up being a deal breaker like fabric that snags or the arm rests being too low or not substantial enough. Please cross your fingers friends that all of this works out because if not I will never hear the end of it. 🙂
This week’s list has tons of fun finds I came across this week and I hope you guys enjoy it as well.
1. Avery & Evelyn Throw Pillow: These pillows are so in style right now and I absolutely love the texture on the Avery. The sizes are great and you can purchase them with poly or down fill which is a huge plus. This style looks amazing in a mid-century modern setting or you could even use the Evelyn in a modern farmhouse style home.
2. Renee End Table: Part of updating our living space will also mean updating our end tables and my plan is to use at least one very modern piece and I absolutely love this one! This would be perfect between the two tufted recliners and gold and navy always look beautiful together.
3. Waterfall Canvas: Lately there isn’t a single moment that I am browsing online that I don’t end up looking for gallery wall pieces or just large art pieces in general. This piece combines the dark navy, light blue, and white beautifully. We have so much wall space in our living room that we really have to do something substantial or the space will look totally off. This would look amazing mixed with the more modern abstract pieces with pops of pink that have been featured in our favorites a time or two.
4. Eliza Console Table: In our home, we have two places for a console table, one in our entryway and one on the wall behind the loveseat. My thoughts are that I don’t want the space to feel heavy with tons of dark wood and this is a great alternative to a wood console table. It is a little more than I would prefer but I really do love it and may consider splurging on a unique investment piece like this.
5. Sara Recliner: Yep you read that right, a recliner that is actually beautiful! Wayne has said on more than one occasion how he would like a sofa with built-in recliners. There is only one issue with that, I have a long love affair with ottomans. After having one I could literally never go back to a coffee table.I love being able to have something cushy to throw my feet up on after a long day and it makes movie night that much more enjoyable. So my solution to this was a set of beautiful recliners in the place of a loveseat. So far he likes the idea but he is just as picky as I am if not more. So I am not sure if all this tufted goodness will meet his “recliner standards” but hey it does the job right?
So this weekend we will set out on our sofa hunt and please pray that we find the perfect one. Literally, pray guys, that’s how much help we need. The reveal of our living room will probably be a while away considering we still have tons of square footage that absolutely must be painted. The thought of having a space we actually love makes me so happy! The difference is going to be nothing short of amazing and I am just as excited as I am sick to my stomach about the sofa. If any of you just happen to run across a sofa with at least 26″ deep cushions please by all means send it to your girl! Psst…don’t forget to pin before you take off and have a great weekend.