Hello friends and thank you so very much for stopping by! I’m Ashley 30 something HR professional from Oklahoma with a complete obsession for all things design, DIY projects, designer fabric, Interiors, Life etc, and this is a space for me to share all of the things I love along with what I hope to be some helpful advice on how to create the home of your dreams on any budget.
We are currently redesigning our home to feel more like “US” and be functional for our family. Which I believe is one of the most important things, your home should feel like YOU! All of those wonderful things you see in magazines, television, Pinterest are totally within your reach. My hope is that the things I share are an inspiration to you in some way and you are able to create a home that you love!
When I’m not working my day job I am parenting our little wild-eyed blonde and being a stepmother to our crew of teenagers (who live halfway across the country, we all do our best with the long distance situation), being a wife to my husband and chasing after our four-legged family member Sparkles, all while trying to keep up with the growing to-do list around our house. The thing’s that really make me tick are spending time designing rooms, searching decor pieces, DIY projects, crafting and looking for ways I can get the same look for half the cost, or putting my construction savvy husband to work on my newest wild idea.
My husband is literally my soul mate in every sense of the word. I know that sounds typical but that is truly how I feel.We compliment each other perfectly and make a great team. If not for him I probably wouldn’t have put myself out there like this but his confidence pushes me to be better and do more. If you’d like to know more about how this blog came to be you can check out our post here.
THINGS TO KNOW
- I absolutely love sweet tea and sour jelly belly candy!
- I grew up in a tiny town in Oklahoma, like one stoplight tiny.
- I have a thick southern accent, you’d think after living in the city for many years that would leave me but NOPE.
- I am very BLUNT and say the first thing that comes to mind, which isn’t always a good thing.
- I love lazy weekends spent binge watching Netflix and every Shonda Rhimes show ever made!
- I am don’t wear high heels! I’m more of a blue jean kind of girl!