Hello friends and thank you for stopping by! I’m Ashley 30 something HR professional from Oklahoma with a complete obsession for all things design, DIY projects, Designer Fabric, Interiors, Lifestyle, Recipes Etc and this is a space for me to share all of the things I love, along with what I hope to be some helpful advice on how to create the home of your dreams on any budget.
We are currently redesigning our home to feel more like “US” and be functional for our family. Which I believe is one of the most important things, because no matter what your home should feel like YOU! All of the wonderful things you see in magazines, television, Pinterest are totally within your reach. My hope is that the things I share can be an inspiration to you in some way and you are able to create a home that you love!
When I’m not working my day job I am parenting our little wild-eyed blonde and being a stepmother to our crew of teenagers (who live halfway across the country, we all do our best with the long distance situation but it truly stinks), being a wife to my husband and chasing after our four-legged family member Sparkles, all while trying to keep up with the growing to-do list around our house.
The thing’s that really make me tick are spending time designing rooms, searching decor pieces, DIY projects, crafting and looking for ways I can get the same look for half the cost, or putting my construction savvy husband to work on my newest wild idea.
My husband is literally my soul mate in every sense of the word. I know that sounds typical but that is truly how I feel. We compliment each other perfectly and make a great team. If not for him I probably wouldn’t have had the courage to put myself out there but his confidence in me pushes me to be better and do more. If you’d like to know more about how this blog came to be you can check out our post here.
THINGS TO KNOW
- I absolutely love sweet tea and always have a glass within reach no matter where I am.
- I grew up in a tiny town in Oklahoma, like one stop light tiny.
- I like my hair BIG!
- I have a thick southern accent and I am good with that.
- I am very BLUNT and say the first thing that comes to mind, which isn’t always a good thing.
- I love lazy weekends spent binge watching Netflix and every Shonda Rhimes series ever made!
- I am loyal to an absolute fault.
- In a group I am outgoing but for the most part, I am a major introvert and would rather be at home than in a crowd.
- I was a very wild child/teenager and loved to push the envelope 99.9% of the time.
- I curse more than I like to admit.
- I have had the same best friend for nearly 20 years and we have been through more than most marriages.
- I have one child of my own and three step children, Gracie, Jessica, Jonathan, and Brittany.
- My husband and I met at work and have been going strong ever since.
- I would rather spend my money on home decor or a DIY project than clothes.
- I love gangsta rap and country music just depends on what kind of mood I am in!
- I have tattoos from my wild child days that I wish I could remove but they are stuck for good, so stupid.
Hopefully, this gives you some insight into me as a person and the things I enjoy, I cannot wait to see where this journey takes our family and I hope we can get to know each other better along the way.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you’ll subscribe to my blog and stick around! Also, I would love to connect with you on social media you’ll get special behind the scenes looks into what we have going on in this crazy life of ours, you can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram!